[rfc-i] draft-rfc-image-files-03

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Sun Apr 8 14:53:31 PDT 2012

> That being said, my current favorite idea is something HTML-based, and I
> can't see any flaws in that.  :-)

I would agree with you if we can agree on the specific syntax.

Personally, I prefer HTML to be compliant with XML where there is closure on
all tags.  I appreciate that HTML5 allows people to be "sloppy" with HTML
for the benefit of the masses who might write HTML, but I would hope the
IETF can require text that is not so loose in style.

Regardless of my preferences, HTML is definitely a very good replacement for
plain ASCII text files.  With a well-defined structure and syntax, this
would also allow us to convert to whatever the great format might be one
day.  This is one thing that cannot be said (entirely) of the older ASCII
RFC documents.

Paul