[rfc-i] draft-rfc-image-files-03

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Sun Apr 8 14:27:49 PDT 2012

Paul,

> > Put this draft into context.  It was submitted before a heck of a lot
> > of dialog happened on the mailing list.
>
> Errr, there has been dialog on this list and on ietf-general for over a
> decade. The named draft was submitted by two people who each have
> literally decades of experience thinking about the RFC series and
> proposals on how to change it. That's a lot of context.

Still, it was a proposal that effectively became pointless to bash here
after this most recent exchange of dialog, proposals for HTML and PDF/A,
etc. AND the meeting in Paris.

> >  It was one idea and I'm not sure how
> > many others were formally submitted for consideration;
>
> In Paris, Heather asked us *not* to formally submit proposals for a while.

This was submitted before Paris.

> > at the very least we
> > should thank the authors for putting forward a formal proposal.
>
> Some of us did that a few years ago when they submitted the -00.

So, it should have been successfully killed already.  My point is "what's
the point of bashing it at this stage?"  Was it put forward for discussion
in the past week and I missed that?

> --Paul Hoffman, who also has published multiple drafts on related topics
> over the years, some which might be hatchet-worthy

You have me beat there.  All I have done is roll my eyes when people speak
as though ASCII was all that we should ever consider for the rest of our
lives. :-)

Paul