[rfc-i] On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload.

Olaf Kolkman (Acting RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Sep 28 21:48:04 PDT 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 1:26 AM, Scott O Bradner wrote:

> one observation
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 5:47 AM, Olaf Kolkman (Acting RFC Series Editor) wrote:
>
>> The AUTHORS or EDITORS that appear on the front page header all need
>> to sign-off during AUTH48 and are the primary contacts in case
>> follow-up is needed. Hence they are the ones that are listed in the
>> RFC metadata and the ones that are listed in the Authors' or
>> Editors' Addresses section. We call this the 1:1:1 mapping. It is
>> not subject to negotiation.
>> Also see: http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.authresp
>
> might want to consider the case of an updated RFC or publication of an ID where
> one of the main authors is no longer available to provide a checkoff during
> autrh48 -

The _mapping_ is not subject to 'negotiation'. However, if an author is not reachable during AUTH48 the stream authorities will have to come up with an exception. The IESG has done so for the IETF Stream by means of policy: http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/auth48.html

I am sure the other streams will act responsible too.

I believe this addresses the point.

--Olaf