[rfc-i] On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload.

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Wed Sep 28 17:30:32 PDT 2011

On 9/28/2011 4:46 PM, SM wrote:
> Hi Joe,
> At 16:17 28-09-2011, Joe Touch wrote:
>> For IETF stream:
>>
>> add author/editor is made by the individuals with the approval
>> of the WG
>
> Isn't that a WG Chair decision?
>
> I am fine with it being done with the approval of the WG. There can be
> situations when it is better not to have a WG discussion about authorship.

I doubt a WG chair would make a decision that the WG didn't like, but I
wasn't focusing on who "approves".

My main point was that the IETF (Wg chair, WG - whatever) doesn't
appoint (that is unilateral, and authors/editors can always decline);
they "invite" or "approve", however you prefer to view it.

Joe