[rfc-i] Fwd: Re: Informational RFC to be: <draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists-10.txt>

Frank Ellermann hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:18:36 PDT 2011

On 27 September 2011 20:24, John Levine wrote:

> You know, research, since it's from an RG.  The title accurately
> describes what it is.

Actually RFC 5782 SHOULD be on the IETF standards track, because
it was not really "research".  For the DNSBL "BCP" I'm not sure
what it is, but it is certainly no "research".

> There's a few places it uses the term BCP which is a mistake.

IMO the IETF has no copyright for this acronym outside of its own
stream; of course the status of the future IRTF RFC would be still
"informational".  Minor nit:  At the end of section 1.4 the "BCP"
has to say asrg at irtf instead of asrg at ietf.

-Frank