[rfc-i] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-iab-ise-model-00.txt

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Sep 27 01:39:36 PDT 2011

Hi Nevil,
At 13:51 26-09-2011, Nevil Brownlee wrote:
>To minimise confusion about the Independent Submissions Editor
>role, the IAB suggested that ISE material should be separated
>out from the RSE model, aka 520bis.  I've published the draft

The title of the document is "Independent Submission Editor
Model".  You could remove the word "model" as the Editorial Board is
out of scope.

In Section 2.1:

  "An ability to define and constitute advisory and document review
   arrangements.  If those arrangements include an Editorial Board
   similar to the current one or some equivalent arrangement, assess
   the technical competence of potential Editorial Board members."

Which Board is that?  Do you want a forward reference to Section 3?

In Section 3:

  "This volunteer Editorial Board exists at the pleasure of the ISE, and
   the members serve at the pleasure of the ISE."

There is some redundancy in the above sentence.

I vaguely recall that the financial aspect was discussed
previously.  Was the outcome to have a line item for the ISE under
the IAB budget?  Section 4.2 of draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-02 has
it listed under RFC Editor.  BTW, I am not arguing for a change.

Regards,
-sm