[rfc-i] On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload.

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Tue Sep 20 08:36:10 PDT 2011

On 9/20/2011 3:23 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> it's great that this finally gets attention.

Given the recent flurry of interest in the topic, yes it is good to get RSE
attention on it.

However I think things need to be explained more and better.

We've gone more than 40 years without formally needing the Contributor section.
  What has changed, really?  Historically, contributors are listed in the
Acknowledgements section.  Why is a separate section needed?

I'm not expressing an opinion against this change but in favor of documenting
very carefully /why/ major changes are made.  I believe the two cited segments
of text do not provide enough of that documentation.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking