[rfc-i] On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload.

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Sep 20 08:18:24 PDT 2011

Thank you for taking this on; it is, indeed, needed. When it is finalized, please be sure to send a message both to ietf-announce and wg-chairs; this will reduce the amount of "late surprise" when a WG puts forward a document that will need to have changes before being published as an RFC.

The only thing that struck me as odd was:

> * Contributing Authors
> . . .
>  The choice of either, both, or none of Contributing Authors and
>  Acknowledgment sections in a particular RFC depends upon the
>  circumstance. That choice is primarily an AUTHORS' or EDITORS'
>  decision.

Please consider expanding the last sentence to say when the choice is not that of the AUTHORS or EDITORS.

--Paul Hoffman