[rfc-i] Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun Sep 18 11:12:20 PDT 2011

>If the author is placed on a (1-person) email list without their
>consent, I object, and will be glad to send all such mail received to
>/dev/null (as I do with a few other notable such lists, including the
>infamous "mycolleagues" CFP list).

So what do you do with mail to the I-D authors addresses?

It seems to me that if you publish an RFC and put your e-mail address
in it, you have to expect a certain amount of mail related to the RFC,
and this forwarding hack doesn't change that.  Sure, there should be
some way to turn it off if an address is causing unusual problems but
I don't see what new issues it'd present.

R's,
John