[rfc-i] Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Sun Sep 18 09:39:12 PDT 2011

Hi, all,

I'm aware of a few places that maintain mail forwarding for others without their consent and active participation.

On a good day, they're called "unsolicited email lists".

On a bad day, they're called "spam".

If the author is offered an ietf alias as a service, that's fine.

If the author is placed on a (1-person) email list without their consent, I object, and will be glad to send all such mail received to /dev/null (as I do with a few other notable such lists, including the infamous "mycolleagues" CFP list).

Joe