[rfc-i] Fwd: Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Fri Sep 16 14:50:43 PDT 2011

On 9/16/2011 2:24 PM, Dave Crocker wrote:
> Joe,
>
> You are confusing an ability to sometimes perform a secondary function
> with being able to perform it reliably.

I don't register my name with every publisher "just in case" someone
needs to get in touch with me forever into the future.

People find people all the time. It's *NEVER* reliable - if I choose not
to update the IETF forwarding, it won't be reliable.

Ultimately, I see no reason for the IETF to run a 'find the author' service.

Joe