[rfc-i] Fwd: Pre-IETF RFCs to Historic (not really proposing)

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Sep 16 12:16:51 PDT 2011

> On 9/16/11 1:09 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
> Plus one wonders about people pushing to get an RFC published just so
> they can obtain a coveted @ietf.org email address.

Actually, I was thinking that constraining Fred's suggestion specifically to RFC
authors might make it more tractable.

As for a status-based motivation, it already exists.  But that's ok, we make
publishing an RFC fairly painful most of the time, so there's a counterbalancing
force...

d/

--

   Dave Crocker