[rfc-i] draft-iab-ise-model-03 comments

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Fri Oct 28 01:10:58 PDT 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 2:39 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

>> The document currently says:
>>
>>   The Independent Submission Editor is an individual who may have
>>   assistants and who is responsible for:
>>
>> At least in the past, a team could and did volunteer to serve; whether they
>> organized themselves as lead and assistants or equals was not really the
>> point.  I would suggest "is an individual or team who is responsible for:"
>
> It isn't clear to me, however, that a team can really be viable without
> a designated team leader, or at least a designated convenor. Maybe "assistants"
> conveys the wrong message, though - this would clearly be a team of
> equals. I think this could be wordsmithed to give the IAB some discretion
> when making the appointment.

I am confused about this thread. Isn't that team that is referred to in the reply _not_ the editorial board?

What I think is the intention that needs to be expressed in the I-D is that the ISE is responsible for making the decisions about publications. The assistant is there for e.g. some secretarial aid.

The support for the decisions about publications is the editorial board (as in section 3)

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/