[rfc-i] draft-iab-ise-model-03 comments

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Oct 26 20:11:36 PDT 2011

>> >  The document currently says:
>> >
>> >      The Independent Submission Editor is an individual who may have
>> >      assistants and who is responsible for:
>> >
>> >  At least in the past, a team could and did volunteer to serve; whether they
>> >  organized themselves as lead and assistants or equals was not really the
>> >  point.  I would suggest "is an individual or team who is responsible for:"
> It isn't clear to me, however, that a team can really be viable without
> a designated team leader, or at least a designated convenor. Maybe "assistants"
> conveys the wrong message, though - this would clearly be a team of
> equals. I think this could be wordsmithed to give the IAB some discretion
> when making the appointment.

It is possible for a team to self-organize, to function coherently, and to meet
deadlines reliably, all without a leader ensuring that things get done properly
and on time.  It's possible.  It's also extremely rare and it's not something
that an organization should or even can rely on happening.

The ISE is a person.  The ISE can form a team to assist the ISE.

The existing wording works nicely, modulo vocabulary tweaking as folks wish. (I
don't understand what 'discretion' Brian has in mind.)

d/

d/

--

   Dave Crocker