[rfc-i] draft-iab-ise-model-03 comments

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 12:25:14 PDT 2011

The document currently says:

   The Independent Submission Editor (ISE) is the head of the
   Independent Submission Stream of RFCs, as defined by [RFC4844
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4844>]

I find the "is the head of the ... Stream" to sound a bit odd; manages,
edits, or is responsible for sound better to me.

The document currently says:

   The Independent Submission Editor is an individual who may have
   assistants and who is responsible for:

At least in the past, a team could and did volunteer to serve; whether they
organized themselves as lead and assistants or equals was not really the
point.  I would suggest "is an individual or team who is responsible for:"

The document currently says that the ISE is responsible for:

4.  Defining and developing the scope of the Independent Submission
       stream.
I believe I understand this meaning, but it probably needs something
that acknowledges that
this development has to take place within the context of the overall
rfc-editor model.  The ISE
obviously cannot determine that the independent submission stream can
contain Internet Standards.
Perhaps "Defining and developing the scope of the Independent
Submission stream as a part of the
overall RFC editor function (citation)"?

I note that the ISE may appoint both an Advisory board and an
Editorial board; in the second case,
it is noted explicitly that the members serve at the pleasure of the
ISE.  It might be valuable to
do so explicitly for the first case as well, just for completeness.

regards,
Ted Hardie