[rfc-i] Proper status for pre-IETF RFCs currently with "unknown"

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Sun Nov 6 08:42:50 PST 2011

Actually Joe, as far as I can tell, the RFC Series Editor does have some
control over the "legacy" portion of the RFC Series.
Are you claiming the RFC Editor did not ever have authority over that
series?  If not, at what point do you claim that isn't true?

(I agree with John Klensin that if the IESG wants to make changes to
that, it can figure out what it thinks is goood / useful, and then
suggest it to the RSE.  Who may agree or disagree, and presumably would
seek advice in various quarters before making changes even if he or she
agreed.)

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern