[rfc-i] Proper status for pre-IETF RFCs currently with "unknown" status

Andrew G. Malis agmalis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 04:49:28 PDT 2011

Fred,

I started all this by reading the IESG's recent statement on moving
RFCs to Historic, and then sending them a request to reclassify six of
my old ARPANET-era RFCs (802, 851, 852, 878, 979, 1005) to Historic.
So I was just doing this for my own pre-IETF RFCs. The IESG sent last
calls on the action to the IETF list, and several people responded
that the IESG shouldn't be mucking about in the pre-IETF RFCs, and
that Historic probably isn't the right classification for them. Thus
my email to this list.

Cheers,
Andy