[rfc-i] Draft Secretariat SOW for Community Comment: Deadline 20 May

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon May 9 02:49:30 PDT 2011

[CC-list trimmed to relevant lists]

On May 6, 2011, at 10:23 PM, IETF Administrative Director wrote:

> Changes in this proposed SOW from the current Secretariat SOW include,
> but aren't limited to:
[...]

Zooming into two specifics.

> 	3.  Provision of RFC Publisher Services, which will replace the current
> separate contract,

This should remain a separate contract. It should be the case that the incoming RSE has the possibility to review the Publisher function according to its authority and responsibility. That is not possible if the publisher service is embedded in the contract. I believe that to be contrary to the spirit of the consensus that underlies RFC Editor Model version 2.

> 	4.  Adding the RFC Series Editor (RSE), Independent Submissions Editor
> (ISE) and Nominating Committee (NomCom) to the list of Supported
> Organizations for which services may be provided in the future.

I think that the situation here is a bit different (Mainly because of the "may" in may be provided). I think this is a reasonable clause.

- --Olaf

http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/