[rfc-i] prototype xml2rfc creation wizard tool

Tony Hansen tony at att.com
Wed Mar 30 04:36:39 PDT 2011

One of the areas people still complain about with respect to writing
internet drafts is how to get started.

So I've been playing around with a tool to help create the xml2rfc XML
for a -00 internet draft. It works in wizard fashion, asking you a
variety of questions and generates the XML on the fly. At the end, you
can either cut and paste the generated XML or click a download button to
save it to a file.

Please try it out: http://xml.resource.org/xml2rfc-wizard

All thoughts on it are welcome, even if you think it's a horrible idea.
If you think it's a good idea, I'd like to hear about improvements to
the user interface, where did I go wrong, and what else is needed.

Also, any thoughts on where to go from here would be appreciated. Is the
notion of a set of wizards a good one? What other wizards would be helpful?

I'm thinking that this wizard, and possibly others, would eventually be
linked to from the xml.resource.org web page.

     Tony Hansen
     tony at att.com