[rfc-i] I-D Action:draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-00.txt

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Mon Mar 21 13:25:35 PDT 2011

In looking at this text, and this question, it seems to me tha the
concept that Olaf put in is actually useful, even if the detail of the
word choice leaves open misinterpretation.

I think it is important to emphasis that the RSE is to look for areas
where the series can be improved, and that such looking should include
careful examination of our sacred cows.  It may turn out that they are
good cows, but we should check.
I like the idea of giving a nice clear example.
The wording has to be such taht it does not appear that the RSE is
expected to overturn the accepted approoach, only that he is supposed to
examine it closely.  If the RSE thinks there is a problem, that needs to
be brought to the community.

Yours,
Joel