[rfc-i] FYI sub-series and RFC 1150 - proposal to update

Mykyta Yevstifeyev evnikita2 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 03:46:50 PST 2011

Hello all,

The FYI RFC sub-series was established in 1990 by RFC 1150.  However
this document is obviously outdated and contains many regulations that
do not conform to the most current practice, such as Status of this Memo
boilerplates, FYI editor, FYI announce list, etc.  Moreover, it says
nothing about the procedure of assignment of FYI numbers and does not
cover some other issues.

I tried to contact the authors of RFC 1150 for the following question,
but they seem not to response at any email addresses I found.  So my
question is whether updating RFC 1150, FYI 1, to align it with the
current practice will make any sense?  Or this work won't be interesting
for the community at all?

All the best.,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev