[rfc-i] Wordsmithing Re: Candidates for RSOC sought

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Mar 1 01:34:50 PST 2011

On Feb 28, 2011, at 10:44 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:19:37PM -0500, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>> I really do not understand how that person's performance providing
>> oversight can be sufficiently detached, if they have been active in the
>> development of the policy being reviewed.
>
> I still don't understand why _this particular_ case is the only one
> worth worrying about (and worth spending a lot of effort to get the
> rule just right so that the sort of politician we seem so worried
> about can come along and follow the rules exactly).

Is it an option to remove the words completely? Or maybe give 'behavioral guidance' of a much simpler nature.

"RSOC members are expected to recognize potential conflicts of interest and behave accordingly"

The goal of these texts is to make everybody aware of the possibilities of COI, isn't it?

--Olaf

                                       Science Park 140,