[rfc-i] Signing RFCs

Glen glen at amsl.com
Wed Jun 29 13:32:58 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 01:27:01PM -0700, SM wrote:
> Hi Russ,
> At 13:17 29-06-2011, Russ Housley wrote:
>> I suppose we could create some, but I am unaware of anything specific to
>> RFCs on the proprieties of a digital signature.  Of course, we can pull
>> from many sources if such is needed including RFC 2828 and
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signature.
> I scratched my head in search of the correct way to ask the question. :-)
> I am not interested in the properties of a digital signature.  It's easier
> if I give up on finding an answer. :-)

Probably not my place to step in here, but, Russ, I think what he is asking
is, "Apart from digital signatures, what has already been in place, and/or
what has been used IN THE PAST, to handle subpoena responses and validation
questions."

I.E. Does the RFC Editor already have a policy in place for something like
this (not counting or having to do with digital signatures) at all?

I do not know if they do, but I'm just saying I think that was the thrust
of the question.  What have we done up until now for this?

Glen