[rfc-i] Signing RFCs

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jun 29 13:00:40 PDT 2011

Hi Russ,
At 12:22 29-06-2011, Russ Housley wrote:
> >> So far, we have been able to have the RFC Editor (most recently
> Bob Braden) explain the processes used by the RFC Editor in order
> to provide confidence that the content of the file was unchanged
> from the date on the title page.  So far, we have not had to go to
> >
> > Is there any publicly available documentation about the process?
>
>As I said in the note that kicked off this thread:

I'll rephrase my question as it may not have been clear.  I am not
interested in validating the signature on an Internet-Draft or a
RFC.  I am not interested in whether the signature validates.  I have
read RFC 5485.  I have read http://www.ietf.org/id-info/ and
http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idsigcheck/

My question is about the process explained by the RFC Editor in order
to provide confidence that the file was unchanged since the date on
the title page.  Is there any documentation about that?

Regards,
-sm