[rfc-i] Signing RFCs

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Tue Jun 28 15:41:05 PDT 2011

On Jun 28, 2011, at 10:01 PM, Russ Housley wrote:
>   Comodo has offered to donate the certificates for the RFC Publisher to digitally sign RFCs in the same manner.  I suggest we take them up on the offer.

Sorry, I have to be pedantic (its one of those days) but I hope you mean that the certificates are donated to the 'RFC Editor'. I understand that the actual work happens at the publisher.

As far as documentation goes, I guess that modifying RFC5485 with s/IETF Secretariat/RFC Editor/g comes close, correct? I guess we a document (RFC?) to describe the attributes, or is that overkill?

FWIW, The subpoena argument makes sense as a motivation, specifically since most of the tools are available.