[rfc-i] RSE Position Description

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Mon Jul 11 11:05:59 PDT 2011

On 7/11/2011 10:59 AM, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
> The reason why that is not a full +1 (or even +10 [*]) is that the term exec
> management does try to communicate a certain level of autonomy, authority,
> and responsibility that IMHO cannot just be explained in terms of
> activities.

The use of the term has become a cost/benefit tradeoff.  The cost is proving
concrete and significant, while the benefit remains plausible but theoretical.

Besides continuing frustration with the continuing cost, what swayed the matter
for me was realizing something rather basic:

      Anyone who reads the actual list of duties, with surrounding commentary,
and is then unable to sufficiently understand the nature of the job, won't be
helped by the catch-phrase and isn't someone we would want anyway...

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking