[rfc-i] [IAB] Comprehensive review of draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-02 - IASA

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Sun Jul 10 10:09:38 PDT 2011

I find myself torn on the topic of how specifica this document should be
in regard to the IAOC.
It does strike me that the comments regarding the IAD are well-taken,
and maybe should be replaced with more general references.

With regard to the quesiton of the IASA vs the IAOC, apparently, the
IAOC has developed a set of conventions, and they requested the forms of
reference.  I am inclined to let them refer to themselves as they wish.

Yours,
Joel

On 7/10/2011 11:40 AM, SM wrote:
> In some parts, the draft refers specifically to the IAOC (e.g. the
> Abstract), the IAD (e.g. Section 4.2) or IASA. The IASA is ultimately
> responsible for the financial activities. The details of the mechanism
> is left to RFC 4071. If the aim is not to update RFC 4071 or create
> dependencies on specific parts of that RFC, the draft should refer to
> IASA without going into the details of that activity.
..