[rfc-i] ultimate authority

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu Jul 7 11:22:08 PDT 2011

Hi Dave,
At 07:44 07-07-2011, Dave CROCKER wrote:
>I don't see that a recall is automatically required.
>
>For reference, this authority model already exists formally within the IETF.
>
>In spite of working group and even community rough consensus, to
>approve a specification, an Area Director has the authority to block
>approval with a Discuss.  While pressure can

If I am not mistaken, the IAB uses the word "responsibility" whereas
"authority" is commonly used in discussions relating to the IESG.

Quoting a sentence [1] posted by Olaf:

  "I wish the chair who is subject to this a lot of wisdom."

Regards,
-sm

1. http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2011-July/002608.html