[rfc-i] Meaning of "IETF"

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Fri Jul 1 07:21:16 PDT 2011

I have some concern with the wording being suggested here.  (The concept
I agree with.)

The "Internt community" in the first sentence includes more than just
the IETF WGs, the IRTF, and even the Independent stream.  it includes
all the folks who make use of our RFCs, or whou could/should/would make
use of them.

And I have trouble with mandating that the RSE consult with that
collection.  As I said earlier, it is somewhat strange to make the
arbiter of policy, and the group to be consulted, a group that you can't
find.

Yours,
Joel