[rfc-i] Signing RFCs

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Jul 1 05:50:54 PDT 2011

At 00:41 01-07-2011, Olaf Kolkman wrote:
>What I am trying to get at is that we should treat the RFC Editor as
>one single entity and that to external parties you do not want to
>expose the details of an RSE, a publisher, and a production house
>functions. We should be talking about the "RFC Editor"

I suggest using "RFC Editor" as "RFC Publisher" is part of the
internals of the model.  Given the long term implications of this
decision, I strongly suggest giving it some more thought instead of
taking up the offer just because it is free.

For what it is worth, this is what is currently used for www.ietf.org:

subject=/C=US/ST=Virginia/L=Reston/O=IETF Trust/OU=Internet
Engineering Task Force/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.com/rpa
(c)05/CN=*.ietf.org
issuer=/C=US/O=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=Terms of
use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)09/CN=VeriSign Class 3 Secure
Server CA - G2

And for www.rfc-editor.org:

subject=/C=US/ST=Virginia/L=Reston/O=IETF Trust/OU=Internet
Engineering Task Force/OU=Terms of use at www.verisign.com/rpa
(c)05/CN=*.rfc-editor.org
issuer=/C=US/O=VeriSign, Inc./OU=VeriSign Trust Network/OU=Terms of
use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10/CN=VeriSign Class 3 Secure
Server CA - G3

Regards,
-sm