[rfc-i] RFC Style guide

Bob Hinden bob.hinden at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 09:36:23 PST 2011

Dave,

> Here's my start at the rule:
>
>     If something is highly ephemeral or subject to frequent changes, it should be issued on a web page.  If something is more stable, and especially if it represents IETF "policy", it needs to be published as an RFC.

Defining the difference between "frequent changes" and "more stable" will be challenging.  That is, where is the line between the two.

One thing that would be useful, is to still have a web site the points to the current draft/proposed versions, and the "more stable" RFC version(s).  Going to RFC versions, doesn't mean we can't continue to have web sites for the policy documents.

Bob