[rfc-i] RFC Style guide

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Jan 29 11:28:55 PST 2011

On 29.01.2011 20:15, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> We took a conscious decision in the IPR WG to *not* publish the detailed
> legal provisions for copyright as a BCP, but to mandate the IETF Trust
> to publish them from time to time as they see fit - hence they are
> published as http://*.pdf. I guess that we (the IETF) got what we asked for.

Well, venue of publication (RFC/BCP vs on a website) shouldn't imply
what format is used.

I'm not saying it needs to be plain text, but the fact that it's not
possible to link to a specific section (*) is really annoying.

Best regards, Julian

(*) The HTML version apparently is saved from MS Word and *does* have
(autogenerated) anchors, but I wouldn't feel comfortable to link to
something like
<http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/archive/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-20091228.htm#_DV_M64>

Best regards, Julian