[rfc-i] RFC Style guide

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Sat Jan 29 04:41:29 PST 2011

On 27.01.2011 22:49, Bob Brade wrote:

>> It would force the author of the style guide to work within the
>> constraints it defines. Aka: "eat your own dogfood".
>>
> Julian,
>
> Just what is THAT supposed to mean? The style guide was written by the
> RFC editor, who by definition worked within its "constraints".
>
> Bob Braden

Hi Bob,

when I wrote this I wasn't thinking about the current style guide, but a
new one that might get written. In the past years, I've seen some IETF
material being published as Word, HTML, or PDF only. For instance, try
to hyperlink to Section 6 of the current TLP and you'll see what I mean.

Best regards, Julian