[rfc-i] RFC Style guide

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jan 19 14:56:19 PST 2011

At 12:06 19-01-11, Glenn Kowack wrote:
>Publishing the Style Guide as an RFC is an excellent idea. I'd like to see a
>discussion about that here, starting with:
>
>         - why should the Style Guide be an RFC?
>         - are there any reasons why the Style Guide should not be?

If I recall correctly, one of arguments against publication is that
there is a high cost to updating such a RFC.

If the Style Guide is published as a RFC:

    (a) it gets wide dissemination

    (b) there is a stable reference

    (c) rfc2223bis doesn't need to be work in progress
        for another six years

    (d) Authors can be advised to read a RFC to understand
        how to write a RFC

Regards,
-sm