[rfc-i] RSE role

Russ Housley housley at vigilsec.com
Wed Jan 19 06:28:10 PST 2011

Glenn:

> there are many, many aspects of RFC Editor and RSE work that depend upon expertise in editorial and publications techniques

You keep saying this, and I remain unconvinced.

I have said this to you in less public places, and I am now repeating it in this very public place.  From my perspective, the most important role of the RSE is cross-stream coordination and policy.  The policy portion involves leading discussions with the whole community, and this can best be done by a respected member of the community.

To me, expertise and experience with editing an publications is _much_ less important.  So much less that it does not even make the radar screen in comparison.

Russ