[rfc-i] Discussion about Committees and RSE models

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 17:32:43 PST 2011

Hi Bob,

In case anything I've written could be misinterpreted, my view
is that well-chosen and well-chaired committees are good vehicles
for sorting through issues, reaching decisions, providing guidance,
and reviewing performance.

However, committees, in general, are less successful at *executing
and following through* on decisions. That's why company boards
appoint CEOs, why the IASA appoints an IAD, etc.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter