[rfc-i] The proper role of an RSE

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Fri Jan 7 13:47:21 PST 2011

> So, to be legalistic, there's no obligation on the RSAG to report
> directly to the IAB or in any way to the community.

Correct, and nor was an obligation implied by my note. I thought asking
for input from individuals who had a lot of experience that the rest of
us did not was a reasonable thing.

> And, by the way,
> I think we are still the "interim RSAG" as described at the end of
> section 4.1.2 of 5620, since we still have a transitional RSE.
>
> In any case - IMHO it is quite correct that there is no identified
> consensus of the RSAG; we've been advising Glenn on successive drafts,
> but there has been no attempt to form a consensus. That's often the
> nature of an advisory group.

Certainly. Fortunately, such nature does not prevent any of you from
having opinions about what you have seen over the past many years.

--Paul Hoffman