[rfc-i] accessibility for the series, RE: Some questions on the model and the motivations

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:05:03 PST 2011

On 2011-01-06 07:22, Bob Hinden wrote:
> "Library Catalogs"?  I think this is looking backward toward printed media,

Not. At least at the university which I now frequent, the library search
tool (which has replaced the traditional catalogue) is mainly used to find
on line resources these days.

When I ask it to find RFC2119 (probably the most widely cited RFC of all),
either by number or by title, it returns zero records.

Author contains 'Bradner' and title contains 'RFCs' returns one record,
Scott's obituary note for Jon in Network World, Oct 26, 1998, p.38(1).

So Glenn has a point, I believe.

   Brian