[rfc-i] Alternate Proposal for RFC series management

Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Fri Jan 7 10:43:04 PST 2011

Paul,

I think your model might work. I don't see the need to involve the
nomcom however. Speaking as an actual editor/publisher I do indeed
rely on a (public as well as "secret") committee of people who tell
me what I should or should not publish. That's a content advisory
role and of course the RSE is not primarily dealing with content.
But the key point is that the committee is comprised of people with
the right skills. How you actually get that expertise is a different
matter, but I don't think nomcom is the right mechanism.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj