[rfc-i] Who decides on the contracts

Ross Callon rcallon at juniper.net
Tue Jan 4 16:50:38 PST 2011

> The IAOC creates a subcommittee for RFPs that includes people with
> the expertise and stake holders.  It is not just IAOC members.  The
> subcommittee would write the RFP, review and interview bidders, and
> make a recommendation to the IAOC.  The IAOC then makes a decision.
> The change I would make is to add the RSE to this subcommittee.
> This would insure that the RSE was directly involved in the process
> and his/her concerns taken into account.  The decision would be made
> by the IAOC and confirmed by the IAB.
>
> Bob

Would the RSE have one vote on the subcommittee, so that the rest of the subcommittee could override the RSE? (I understand that *if* the RSE and the subcommittee are all reasonable people, then it is relatively unlikely that the subcommittee will override a very strongly held opinion of the RSE).

Ross