[rfc-i] Candidates for RSOC sought

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Fri Feb 25 06:32:40 PST 2011

In a formal sense, I agree with Dave Crocker about what ould be
cleanest.  And in some other community, we might be able to do that.
Given the tremendous breadth of skill and participation in this topic we
have (NOT) I do not think we can afford to exclude the RSOC members as
individuals from the policy discussions.

The one thing that seems important to me, in order to preserve teh RSOC
oversight role, is to note that the RSOC as a body should not be taking
a position in policy discussions.  It is very hard to oversee a policy
decision process for which you as a body have already formed a clear
conclusion on the answer.

Yours,
Joel