[rfc-i] RSOC oversight role

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Feb 21 06:08:29 PST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Friendly ammendment to Glenn's text:
>
> RSOC as a body should abstain from direct participation
> in policy-making or formation of policy-making committees, which
> would conflict with RSOC's oversight role. If individual members
> of RSOC participate in policy-making, they should be aware of
> possible conflict with their RSOC role and should be prepared
> to recuse themselves from subsequent RSOC decisions if appropriate.

It looked like folk consented around this amendment.

I've updated  draft-kolkman-rse-2011 accordingly and this is the only change.

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-kolkman-rse-2011-03.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-kolkman-rse-2011-03.txt

(if you still find 02 there just be patient, the new i-d should appear any moment)

It seems that this provides sufficient documentation for the RSOC to be formed as it seems that having it in place real soon would be good.

--Olaf

                                       Science Park 140,