[rfc-i] RSOC oversight role

Olaf Kolkman olaf at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Feb 21 06:08:29 PST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Friendly ammendment to Glenn's text:
> RSOC as a body should abstain from direct participation
> in policy-making or formation of policy-making committees, which
> would conflict with RSOC's oversight role. If individual members
> of RSOC participate in policy-making, they should be aware of
> possible conflict with their RSOC role and should be prepared
> to recuse themselves from subsequent RSOC decisions if appropriate.

It looked like folk consented around this amendment.

I've updated  draft-kolkman-rse-2011 accordingly and this is the only change.

(if you still find 02 there just be patient, the new i-d should appear any moment)

It seems that this provides sufficient documentation for the RSOC to be formed as it seems that having it in place real soon would be good.

                                       Science Park 140,