[rfc-i] RSOC oversight role

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Feb 16 12:19:20 PST 2011

> ?  I know it's legalistic, but that seems to be what this worry is
> about.

The legalistic tone really is just a touchstone to what I believe is a deeper
problem, namely the expectation that anyone is going to be that aware and
discriminating in their on-going behavior.  Besides the inherent challenge for
anyone in that position, remember that most of us are rather less self-analytic,
subtle, or aware of what makes for healthy oversight.,

Again:  If we are in such dire straights that an RSOC must be involved in the
details of the work, we have much bigger resource problems.  For one things, it
is a demonstration of an inability to delegate.

The rule should be simple and straightforward to say, think about and apply.
This is not a topic that needs anything careful and precise because its
application won't support it.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker