[rfc-i] RSOC oversight role

Joel M. Halpern jmh at joelhalpern.com
Wed Feb 16 07:48:19 PST 2011

I think that it may be useful to separate two ideas.

I think it is probably important that the RSOC as a body not take a
position on a policy that is under development.  We should figure out
what we want, and then the oversight should take place to prevent us
from shooting our own foot, etc.

Having said that, I do not think it is useful or consistent with our
ethos to prohibit the RSOC members from participating as individuals in
the discussions which lead to the policy formation.  There is some
strangeness, but it is a strangeness we do all the time.

Yours,
Joel