[rfc-i] Developing consensus, episode 3.

Andrew Sullivan ajs at shinkuro.com
Tue Feb 15 13:44:59 PST 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 09:58:03PM +0100, Olaf Kolkman wrote:

> Than we work it out. Seriously, if we are in this situation than the
> RSE has a lot of de-facto power and the way we have written all this
> is that the RSE steers most of the ship. If the RSE starts to
> micromanage than we are in operational nightmare land and its up to
> the IAOC, they still have final authority.

I completely agree with this.  Hard cases make bad law.  It's
important here to have good guidelines, but it's just as important to
have reasonable people in the decision making positions on both
sides.  It will be impossible to write the rules such that someone can
never do something dumb later.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.