[rfc-i] Possible new text re I-Ds [RFC citations committee I-D issued]

Scott O. Bradner sob at harvard.edu
Sat Feb 12 13:26:19 PST 2011

> I think that's at the root of the argument. Current practice
> is to follow what 2026 says for normative references, which is
> entirely correct IMHO. But the practice for other reasons for
> references to drafts really needs some fexibility.

fwiw - I think that, in most cases, refering to a specific verion of
an ID is a way to guarantee that the resuting RFC will be obsolete
before it is published (except for the specific cases that I
mentioned in my prior email)

does not seem to be a good idea to purposefully set up procedures
to publish obsolete RFCs

Scott