Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Fri Feb 11 21:23:57 PST 2011

I really don't understand why we think it is useful or even possible
to "un-publish" documents even if I do see the value of having them
expire as part of our standardization process.

I quite often publish articles in IPJ where an I-D is the *only*
available reference material, after all I do claim to cover "emerging
technologies". IPJ is designed to be archived, physically, in
binders (yeah, I know, US paper size, but...) So why then, several
years later, should a reader not be allowed or be able to locate such
reference material even if it (and the article in question) was just a
"snapshot in time"?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj