John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Feb 11 15:55:50 PST 2011

>I can't speak for others, but my view is that drafts SHOULD (or even
>MUST) disappear, excepting for legal precedence.

Even if that were a good idea, how do you propose to do it?  There are
copies of them all over the Internet.  Trashing one archive, even the
largest archive, won't make them go away.

Personally, if I learned that the IETF did something silly like try to
make it hard to find old drafts, I would adjust my current scripts
that rsync the I-D directory so that they never delete anything.  I
doubt I would be the only one.

R's,
John