Scott O. Bradner sob at harvard.edu
Fri Feb 11 11:48:47 PST 2011

to both Brian & Joe

seems to me that the current citations committee proposal is missing context
and will be seen as a blanket permisison to cite individual IDs by
name & version

that seems to be broken to me

Joe says: References should be persistent and specific

agree - the only cases which I see it should be legit to
cite an ID by name & version are ones where the particular
version of teh ID is the "specific" one that you need to cite becase
it is somehow different from other versions (earlier or later) of
the same ID

Scott