Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Fri Feb 11 05:05:46 PST 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Joe Touch wrote:

> Overall, it's dangerous to cite something that can disappear (except as
> credit) - esp. if it's intended to disappear.

Well, there is an easy and obvious fix for that: include a pointer IN
THE DOCUMENT istead of its content which says "this became RFC xxxx"
or "this was a terrible idea and we killed it" or whatever.

Insisting that work-in-progress docs cannot be cited is just silly
IMHO.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj